1 ¼ cups flour
½ cup butter, softened
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup water
Mix all ingredients. Knead well to form dough. Cover until use.
1 recipe pie crust (see below)
1 can (14 oz) low sodium chicken broth
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
6 mushrooms, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (10oz) low sodium cream of mushroom soup
½ tsp fresh milled black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Lightly grease an 8 inch springboard pan.
3. Roll 2/3 of dough out on a lightly floured surface. Cover bottom of pan with dough and roll up 1 inch sides. Prick with fork and bake 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat broth in a large sauce pan. Add chicken, mushrooms and green onions and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well.
5. In a large bowl, stir together chicken and veges with soup and seasonings. Pour into prepared crust.
6. Roll out remaining 1/3 dough for pie top. Cover top of pie, cutting slits for ventilation. Bake 25 minutes, until top is golden. Cool before cutting.