Apples, cleaned, peeled and cored
Juice from 1 lemon
2 cups water
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
1. Cut apples into manageable sized chunks.
2. Pack as many apple chunks as you can fit into your large crock.
3. Drizzle lemon juice over apples.
4. Add 2 cups water, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
5. Cook at low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
6. Add brown sugar to taste. If you used a tart apple you will need to add more brown sugar (1/2 to 1 cup). If your apple is naturally sweet, you may not need to add any sugar.
7. Cook on low until your applesauce reaches desired consistency. The longer cooked, the smoother the sauce.