1 pkt rapid rise yeast
2 tsp sugar
¾ cup hot water
¼ cup honey
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp kosher salt
4 cups bread flour
1. Mix yeast and sugar in a small ceramic bowl. Add hot water and allow to swell for 5 minutes.
2. Whisk together honey, 1 egg, vege oil, and salt in a large bowl. Pour yeast into bowl.
3. Gradually knead in flour. Continue to knead for 5 minutes.
4. Cover for first rise.
5. Punch down. Divide dough into three equal sections. Roll each section to form a long tube. Pinch one end together and braid. Pinch second end to seal.
6. Grease a 13x9 inch casserole dish. Place bread braid in dish and cover with greased plastic. Allow to rise for 2 hours.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush with egg white.
8. Bake bread for 35-40 minutes.
9. Allow to cool before removing from pan.