½ lb ground pork
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
Dash ground ginger
½ tsp sesame seeds
3/4 cup broccoli slaw mix
3/4 cup sprouts (bean, radish or broccoli)
Egg roll wrappers
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large stockpot to 325-350 degrees.
2. Sauté garlic and sesame seeds in a non-stick skillet. Add pork, salt, red pepper, ginger. Brown pork.
3. Remove from heat, drain excess oil.
4. Combine pork mixture, slaw and sprouts in a large bowl, stir to mix.
5. Lightly whisk egg in a shallow dish.
6. Place 1/4 cup filling in center of egg roll wrap. Wet corners with egg mixture. Fold top down, sides inward then tightly finish roll. Seal with extra egg mixture.
7. Deep fry egg rolls in small batches, flipping once, until light golden brown. Drain well. Keep in warm oven until serving.