1 cup butter flavored Crisco
¾ cup brown sugar
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp almond extract
¼ tsp salt
2 heaping cups flour
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
3. Add egg yolks, milk, extract and salt to bowl. Mix well.
4. Incorporate flour to form dough.
5. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
6. Break off a small piece of dough, roll in cinnamon-sugar and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat.
7. Gently press thumb into dough balls.
8. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Fill thumbprints with preserves. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes. Cool.