Garlic Egg and Sausage with Homemade Pita Bread
Garlic Egg and Sausage
with homemade pita bread
2 Tbsp lard
1 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups self-rising flour
1. Place lard in a large bowl with warm water. Add salt. Allow to soften for 1 minute.
2. Knead in flour until smooth.
3. Cover bowl and allow dough to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat a large non-stick skillet.
5. Pinch off a piece of dough; roll out on a floured surface.
6. Fry each side until dough browns and bubbles. Cover and keep warm until all pita are cooked.
For garlic egg filling:
8 oz spicy ground sausage
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp butter
¼ tsp minced garlic
2 green onions, chopped
1. Grease a skillet. Brown sausage in water, cooking to crumbles. Drain.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and peppers.
3. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté garlic and onion fragrant.
4. Scramble egg in skillet.
5. Spoon garlic eggs and sausage into pita bread. Serve hot.