with cornbread crust
For cornbread crust:
¾ cup yellow cornmeal
¾ cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ cup cream
2 Tbsp vege oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large round springboard pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix.
3. Add remaining wet ingredients and stir well.
4. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
16 oz ground beef
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp Dickie Bird Garlic Salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
1 cup pinto beans, cooked and drained
½ cup Dickie Bird BBQ sauce
1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
1. Grease a skillet. Brown ground beef in five spices.
2. Add beans and BBQ sauce to pan. Simmer on low 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Spoon beef bean mixture over prepared cornbread crust. Sprinkle with cheese and top with green onions.
4. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.