Anytime I can facilitate a vegetable tasting like a dessert is a huge success.
½ cup vegetable oil
1 heaping cup sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp almond extract
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 heaping cup zucchini, shredded
1/3 cup walnuts, ground
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an extra-large loaf pan, or two small loaf pans.
3. Beat together oil, sugar, salt, soda, powder, almond extract, egg and egg yolk.
4. Stir in shredded zucchini and walnuts.
5. Incorporate flour and cinnamon to create batter.
6. Pour batter into pan. Bake 50-60 minutes, until center has set and toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool bread completely before removing from pan.