¼ cup onion, chopped
1 Tbsp mild green chilies (from preserves) or 1 fresh chili pepper, chopped
1 cup enchilada sauce
Fresh milled pepper
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease skillet with oil. sauté’ onions and chilies tender.
3. Grease a 8x8 casserole dish. Add a couple handfuls of tortilla chips to cover bottom.
4. Spoon onions and chilies over chips. Drizzle ½ cup enchilada sauce over top.
5. Fry eggs sunny side up. Sprinkle with pepper.
6. Set eggs on top of casserole. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted, enchilada sauce is sizzling hot.
*The farmer likes crispy bacon pieces sprinkled on top of his Chilaquiles.