Ingredients for pie crust:
1 cup lard
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
Water up to ¼ cup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine lard, flour and salt. Knead to crumbles. Add water, 1 Tbsp at a time, to form workable dough.
3. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface.
4. Place in pie pan.
5. Prick bottom with fork.
6. Bake 12 minutes.
Ingredients for filling:
3 cups tomatillos, thinly sliced
Juice of 4 limes
1 ½ cup sugar
1 pkg (3oz) Tapioca cook and serve pudding and pie filling
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
1. Combine sliced tomatillos, lime juice, sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Rest 15 minutes.
3. Scoop filling into a prepared piecrust.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees F, until center is set and crust is golden.
5. Cool completely before cutting.